Achieving the Green Dragon Standard demonstrates our commitment to improving energy efficiency, reducing our carbon footprint and improving environmental sustainability.
We have held this accreditation for a number of years now and some of the positive benefits include:
1. Increasing waste recycling levels within our Housing Repairs Service.
92% of all our waste was recycled in 2017-18.
2. Using energy efficient and money saving measures within our offices.
These include fitting energy efficient LED lighting; reduced water consumption measures fitted, using black and white ink and double sided photocopying. All of these measures have saved us money allowing us to reinvest the money for other things.
3. Investing in sustainable technologies to assist our customers to save money in their homes.
These include the installation of solar PV and solar thermal systems and Air Source Heat Pump technology.
4. Investing in External Wall Insulation measures.
These have improved the SAP ratings of our homes which helped reduce customer’s energy bills.
5. Development of registers and action plans on Ecology issues.
These include protecting species like bats and invasive plants such as Japanese Knotweed.