The Buy Back Scheme considers buying back ex-council or Valleys to Coast properties that were sold under Right to Buy. This helps us to increase the amount of affordable housing in the Bridgend County Borough area.
What properties are we looking to buy?
The types of properties we wish to buy must meet the following conditions:
- A former council or Valleys to Coast property
- The owner must have made their own arrangements for rehousing
We will also consider:
- If the property brings us back into majority ownership in that block
- If the property will be able to feature in our future housing investment programmes
- How much it would cost to bring the property up to the Welsh Housing Quality Standard
What happens if a suitable property is found?
A District Valuer will survey the property to decide the current market value and how much it would cost to bring the property up to Welsh Housing Quality Standard.
We will not make an offer on every property surveyed. Any offer made will be within the price range given by the District Valuer.
We will act as "any other buyer". The seller is responsible for their own legal fees.
If you are interested in this scheme please contact us on 0300 123 2100 and ask for the Development team.