Looking for a Home

Apply to Common Housing Register

Bridgend County Borough Council (BCBC) and the four main housing associations that operate in the County Borough (Hafod, Linc-Cymru, Valleys to Coast and Wales & West) have set up one housing register so that people will be able to apply for social rented housing by making one application. This register is called the Bridgend Common Housing Register.


How do I apply to the Common Housing Register?


A customer must always be interviewed, and you can request an interview in person or by telephone by contacting the BCBC:



BCBC Housing & Community Regeneration,

Civic Offices,

Angel Street,


CF31 4WB



01656 643643

Anyone can apply for social rented housing, but you must be in housing need as described in the Social Housing Allocation Policy to be added to the Common Housing Register.


If you do not get added to the Common Housing Register, BCBC will give you advice about what other housing options might be available to you.

Find out more about Bridgend Common Housing Register