The safety of our customers and colleagues is our top priority and we have adapted our services to this situation.
Housing Minister; Julie James has outlined the support that will be given to all social housing tenants in Wales, you can read this here.
Welsh Government have also published guidance outlining the types of financial support that tenants may be able to access, what information you need and where to go to for help and advice. It also explains what emergency help people can access if they have severe financial challenges. You can access the guidance here
To find out which services we are able to offer at the moment please visit our Service Update page.
Valleys to Coast Risk Assessment Statement
At this difficult time, here at Valleys to Coast we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our colleagues and customers, these include;
- Only responding to emergency repairs, this is to minimise social contact
- Asking customers a couple of risk assessment questions before we’ll attend a property, this is for the protection of both colleagues and customers
- Asking customers to stay in another part of the property when we attend, to maintain social distancing while we make a repair
- Maintaining our hand hygiene, all colleagues have hand sanitiser available, and wash their hands regularly where possible
- Wearing the appropriate PPE if we have a job that requires us to break the 2m social distancing rule
- Closure of our office for both customers and colleagues and working from home